Entering a rigorous high school environment can be an intimidating task for a teenager having to navigate many social, extra-curricular, and academic challenges that were not part of their lives previously. This experience tends to be jarring and disorientating and often needs a supportive guide to negotiate these challenges. While many schools have complimentary support services such as counselors, learning specialists, and tutors, many of these services are overbooked and spread too thin to truly support these students. The quality of the can also be mediocre or limited in actually helping the child to cope, adjust, and thrive.
We have a staff of experienced educators with impressive academic backgrounds who can provide comprehensive support to your new high school student in a variety of areas with one primary and focused goal: to help you thrive in the academic, extra-curricular and social forums of high school.
Often the cover story of simple “academic tutoring” can facilitate conversation around the other areas of life that are just as key to success, difficult to broach in the complication of a parental relationship. An academic coach/tutor offers a unique opportunity to support your child in new circumstances and can even provide a view into elements of their lives that can be otherwise obscured to a parent.
Services are highly customizable and can range greatly in extent, but here are the potential areas of focus:
- Study Skills: Preparing effectively for quizzes and tests outside of class time.
- Executive Function: Setting up and checking with a student on their planning and self-management, with classes and extracurricular activities.
- Developing Relationships: effectively beginning and pursuing relationships with teachers.
- Social Challenges: non-invasive coaching through complex social issues and their interface with academics and extracurriculars.
- Mental Health: Negotiating mental health and its role in maintaining a healthy balance for success.
- Life Management: Guidance on course selection, extra-curricular commitments, and balancing the demands of family life.
The meetings can be conducted online through user-friendly software, recommended two to three times per week in frequency, offering excellent flexibility in scheduling and availability.
Given the pressing need for such a resource for many teenagers entering unfamiliar circumstances, this transitional educational specialist offers a tremendous opportunity for the kids using RNG services. A supportive, caring, and well-educated adult squarely in their corner, supporting them through all facets of their new school life can make all the difference in their success in a demanding environment.
- English Literature and Language (All levels)
- Foreign Languages (Spanish, French, German, Chinese, Latin, Greek & more)
- History (World, Human Geo, US, European, Comp Gov, Modern & Ancient)
- Mathematics (Algebra 1 & 2, Geometry, Trigonometry, Statistics, Pre-Calculus & Calculus)
- Extra Curricular’s (Music, Art History, Film Studies, Computer Programming & more)
- Science (Earth Science, Chemistry, Biology, Environmental Science, Psychology & Physics)
For more information or to schedule services please contact us
email: [email protected]