Be Prepared for COVID While Away at School
The author of this post is unknown, but it was written with the instructions that the reader was free to copy and share it. We felt that the information in here was so relevant that we wanted to help amplify its message.
In these uncertain times, the possibility exists that your child will test positive for COVID, and have to leave their dorm and move to a quarantine location. It’s probably a VERY GOOD idea to have a pre-packed quarantine bag in their closet. It would be so much easier to ask a roommate to grab “the blue Nike bag in my closet and my laptop” than to try to figure out what he or she will want/need for two weeks.
My Quarantine Bag:
- Extra cell phone charger
- List of important peoples’ phone numbers written out
- List of allergies
- Cleaning supplies, hand sanitizer
- Sweats, t-shirts, pJ pants, fuzzy Socks, underwear
- Fleece throw (take the tiniest one in the house and squish it into an XL Baggie, then force the extra air out.)
- Body Lotion/ oils
- Feminine Hygiene
- Toothbrush & toothpaste
- Shampoo/Conditioner, body soap, contact solution, glasses,
- Hair comb/brush, hair Ties
- Medicine: cough drops, Tylenol (fever & aches), Vicks Vap ‘O Rub, Mucinex DM or Robitussin Cough & Chest Congestion, etc.
- Snacks, refillable water bottle (powdered Gatorade to mix in water bottle)
- A few Masks, gloves
- Things to do- coloring book/ crayons, deck of cards, nail polish, knitting/sewing, music, Netflix/ Hulu passwords, etc.
We hope this list will help prepare any student for a possible worst case scenario during school. Good luck! For more COVID information, check out our education page here!